Saturday, May 31, 2008

not perfect but....

* So I missed a few days at the start, one in the middle, and back-posted this past week, but it was an interesting adventure. I now see what an important part blogging can have in my life. I think all day long about what to blog, yet not everything gets on the page. I need a notebook to remember all the crazy things that run in my head and need to get out.

* The only draw back to the "Post a Day in May" contest is I felt like I was posting to an audience, trying to prove something as a new blogger. Right now only you know who I am, that I blog. Not even my Hubby has see the blog. He knows I write not what I have said. None of my friends or family have any idea, and I have no idea if any of my real life friends blog.

*But I see now this has to be just for me, my words, my thoughts, my blog. Being creative is something I crave. There is an inner drive in me to make things, fix things, and add beauty to my life. If I can see things on a site like etsy all the better,right now it is like breathing, create to live. To this end, I am going to have this blog all for me, the craziness that is my life and family. I struggle, I hurt, I grow.

* I am going to start a second blog to focus on the crafting side of my life, the artist. I am so excited to be working with Beth @ Be Design on brighting up this joint and launching the crafting blog/etsy store. Their work is amazing and their prices seem as reasonable as the next for the personal service you receive. I have been reading Beth's blog for a few months now and am taken by her stills as a blogger. She writes with honesty, humor, and heart, she lays it all on the line. What you see with Beth is what you get, love her... worts and all.

* Looking forward, I am trying to figure out what I want this blog to become. There are things in my life I am working though that can find an outlet on this blog, but I would also like to share my thoughts on all things mom, gear, books, etc. It may take a few weeks to find the rhythm and soul of my blog, but I am excited to create a place to express my self.

* Thank you to all the bloggers who wrote each day, sharing their families, their feeling, and their crafts. And to Jenny, thank you for your beautiful blog and for inspiring us to get on and post.

0 comments: