Thursday, May 8, 2008

projects

* Today was an amazingly fulfilling day. JackJack and I dropped Beaker off at the sitters then went shopping. Well it was shopping under the guise of our weekly running around. We went to the discount store, the WalMart, then off to the fabric store. It was a passable weather day so we parked at the farthest end of the shopping plaza and walked. Jack was so super cute.... he kept smiling and making the best faces. At 17 months, he is really getting his own personality, his own way of doing things, likes, dislikes. He is a love-bug, there is not a moment that goes by when I am with him that my heart is not full of joy. He is my dream come true.

* One of the things I crave is to create. I NEED to carve out time in my life to be artistic. In the future, I want to find a way to craft as a business, selling things that make me happy to make. I read like 50 blogs each day (ok I skim them with an RSS reader but still) to get inspiration. My mind explodes with project I want to try. Maybe tomorrow I will share a few of my favorite links, make it Favorite Friday... not bad if I do say so myself.

* Recently I have seen a load of cool re-do project, the trash to treasure type. I have friends looking on garbage day for small lost items that need love, a coat of stain, and a new life. I have been working on an old fashion luggage rack. It is wood and came with nasty broken straps. I did not strip the wood but sanded it to baby butt smooth. I stained it and then about 6 layers wipe on polyurethane followed by a thin application of finishing wax. Tomorrow everything will be done setting up so I can reassemble the rack with the new straps that I sowed. I can't wait to see it finished and will port images. This piece will be gifted to my Aunt Bliss who is always having company and would respect the time put into the restoration.

* At the fabric store, I found the perfect fabric to back the cheap Dora quilt we got Beaker for Christmas. It is a soft baby pink minky that washed up even softer then when I found it in the store. I have wanted to do this for her since we got the quilt but never made the time. It feels so amazing to have started something and actually finish. The quilt looks and feels like it will be the perfect addition to her room.

* I need this, to craft, to make things, beautiful things. I want to sell things, make other people happy, share my vision. I am not sure what form this will take, but I know I will suffocate and die if I can't make things. I have even set up an Etsy store but nothing is in it yet.... soon.

0 comments: